The winners of the 2019 Ballarat Heritage and Design Excellence Awards will be announced at a revamped ceremony tomorrow night.
Now in their 10th year, the Awards have been invigorated with a newly created category and new name to acknowledge the role design plans in achieving best heritage practice.
Hosted by the City of Ballarat and the National Trust of Australia (Vic) Ballarat Branch, the Awards celebrate the incredible quality that sets Ballarat apart from other regional cities.
The 2019 Ballarat Heritage and Design Excellence Awards categories are:
- Conservation of a heritage place or object
- New designs in a heritage context
- Excellence in heritage skills
- Communicating, promoting and celebrating heritage
And the newly created:
- Mayoral Award for emerging heritage and design practitioners
The winner of the popular National Trust’s People’s Choice Award will also be announced.
The Awards ceremony will officially open the Ballarat Heritage Weekend and will feature sneak previews of what’s on offer.