Celebrate Kingston’s multicultural community, 16–24 March 2019
Kingston Council invites the community to join us for a weeklong celebration of our rich and diverse community at Cultural Diversity Week, 16–24 March 2019.
The week will feature a wide range of activities, including cultural dinners, sing-a-longs, dancing, talks and sports and games.
“Kingston is proud to be a multicultural community. Our City is home to residents from more than 150 countries who speak over 120 languages,” said Kingston Mayor Georgina Oxley. “Cultural Diversity Week is a great opportunity for everyone to learn a little bit more about each other’s traditions, culture and customs – and provides plenty of opportunities to try delicious food at the same time.”
This year’s Cultural Diversity Week activities include, but are not limited to:
• Family Picnic and More A free family picnic event on 17 March, 10.30am–2.30pm Keeley Park, Clayton South
• Egyptian Oriental Food A showcase of food on Monday 18 March, noon–2pm 92 Bignell Road, East Bentleigh
• Russian Cultural Festival Russian and Jewish musical performances Monday 18 March, 5pm 67 Argyle Street, St Kilda
• World Lunch & Meet Up Events A Harmony Day event, Tuesday 19 and Wednesday 20 March, 11.30am–1pm, Kingston Road Clarinda
• Vietnamese Cultural Day Vietnamese food and line-dancing classes, Wednesday 20 March Clarinda Community Centre
• Celebrating Lemnian Culture Greek food, dancing, music and desserts, Thursday 21 March, 10am– 3pm, 906 Springvale Road, Braeside
• Close the Gap Day Raising awareness about Aboriginal life-expectancy, Thursday 21 March, 11am–1pm, Mordialloc Life Saving Club
• Italian Lunch A two course Italian meal, Thursday 21 March, 11.30am–4pm Clarinda Community Centre
• Indian Musical Night Enjoy singing and music from India, Saturday 23 March, 5pm–10pm Clarinda Community Centre