At least 347 people have been confirmed dead after a 6.9-magnitude earthquake struck off the coast of Indonesia, according to local media, citing an emergency official.
The death toll was reported at a meeting of authorities earlier on Wednesday, local National Disaster Mitigation Agency (BNPB) official Iwan Asmara told Antara News. The BNPB earlier told Reuters that 131 people had died.
Authorities are still searching through the rubble left behind on Lombok Island, still hoping to find survivors. (RT)