CORVALLIS, Ore. – “SAC Presents,” a visual and performing arts events series presented by the School of Arts and Communication at Oregon State University, will return for its fifth season in 2019-20.
SAC Presents brings well-known headliners, rising stars and unique, lesser-known artists and ensembles to the Austin Auditorium at OSU’s LaSells Stewart Center, 875 S.W. 26th St.
This season’s events, all of which start at 7:30 p.m., include:
- Nobuntu, Wednesday, Nov. 6. This all-female a cappella quintet from Zimbabwe presents a fusion of traditional Zimbabwean music, Afro jazz and gospel. Bella Voce, the OSU women’s choir, will perform with Nobuntu on the program.
- Mary Chapin Carpenter and Shawn Colvin, Tuesday, Dec. 10. These longtime musical collaborators, who have enjoyed success as singer-songwriters, touring performers and recording artists, come together as duo to perform some of their favorite songs while exploring material from their own vast catalogues.
- Paul Dresher Ensemble: Schick Machine, Saturday, Jan. 18. Composer-percussionist-instrument designer Paul Dresher and company fill the stage with large-scale, invented instruments.
- Slavic Soul Party!, Thursday, March 19. Ever heard of Balkan Soul Gypsy Funk? These nine musicians out of Boston pump sound through a Balkan brass filter while making new music out of immigration, integration and ingenuity.
- yMusic, Saturday, April 11. Six contemporary classical polymaths offer a special configuration of string trio, flute, clarinet and trumpet. They have attracted the attention of high-profile collaborators from Paul Simon to Ben Folds and have inspired new original works by some of today’s foremost composers.
Wine and light food fare are available for purchase from Lumos Wine Company at the performances. The lobby opens at 6:30 p.m., and doors open at 7 p.m. All seating is reserved.
Season and individual performance tickets are available now. To purchase tickets go to liberalarts.oregonstate.edu/SACpresents, visit the box office in room 105 of Fairbanks Hall at 220 SW 26th St., or call 541-737-2784.
Up to 100 $10 tickets are made available for each performance for OSU students, one per person. Student tickets may be obtained in person or by phone from the box office.
SAC Presents participates in Corvallis Arts for All. Individuals in the SNAP program with an Oregon Trail Card may purchase up to two tickets for $5 each, in person at the box office or at the door.