Five streets are set to get a facelift as part of Council’s annual major pavement rehabilitation program.
The program aims to maintain the road network and ensure the safe movement of vehicles along local government roads.
Council has budgeted almost $1.9 million for this year’s program, which will see rehabilitation works at:
- Lake Street, Cairns City from Spence St to Hartley St intersection; and Aplin St to Florence St
- Draper Street, Portsmith at the Hartley St intersection; and Scott St to Spence St
- Aplin Street, Cairns City from Sheridan St to McLeod St
- Keirle Avenue, Whitefield from Hudson St to the entry roundabout
- Veivers Road, Palm Cove from the Captain Cook Highway to Cowrie St.