Police have charged a man following an alleged aggravated carjacking in Taylors Lakes this morning (21 May).
Emergency services were called to a car park on the Melton Highway just after 9.30am after reports a man allegedly armed with a firearm had tried to enter a car.
The man fled on foot and was arrested shortly after inside a nearby business.
An imitation firearm was allegedly recovered near the scene.
A 42-year-old man of no fixed place of address has since been charged with a number of offences, including:
• attempted aggravated carjacking;
• attempted theft of motor vehicle;
• unlawful assault;
• possess imitation firearm;
• possess controlled weapon; and
• commit indictable offence while on bail
He has been remanded to appear at Melbourne Magistrates’ Court tomorrow (22 May).