The following charges have now been laid as a result of Operation Gold:
- 6 x individuals charged with trafficking in a controlled substance. The four individuals charged today with trafficking in a controlled substance have been remanded in custody to appear at the Hobart Magistrates Court at 10am tomorrow (13 June 2019).
- 1 x individual charged today with selling a controlled drug was bailed to appear at the Hobart Magistrates Court at 9.30am on 15 July 2019.
One man remains in police custody with investigations continuing into his involvement in the trafficking of controlled substances and the trafficking of firearms. Charges are expected to be laid tomorrow.
The following items have been seized as a result of Operation Gold:
- 3 x firearms have been recovered (two stolen and one homemade);
- In excess of $100,000 worth of illicit drugs (amphetamine, cannabis and MS Contin);
- Cash totalling more than $25,000
- A vehicle believed to have relevance to the investigation into the murder of Jarrod Leigh Turner at Colebrook on 14 April this year.
Drug seizures as a result of Operation Gold include (however are not limited to):
- 2.5 x ounces of methamphetamine; and
- 50 x individual ‘deals’ of methamphetamine packaged for sale.
- 1 x pound of cannabis; and
- 35 x individual ‘deals’ of cannabis packaged for sale.
“Every ‘street deal’ seized by police counts. It’s one less ‘deal’ of illicit substance available to our families, friends and our community,” Detective Inspector Kate Chambers said.
“Police not only work hard to seize illicit substances, they also work to disrupt syndicates and networks responsible for the distribution of them.”
If you have any information about drug or firearms crime in our community, you can provide this anonymously by calling Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or online at crimestopperstas.com.au