Quarter Two report – Liberal Government continuing to deliver for Tasmanians
The Hodgman Liberal Government is continuing to deliver results through our Plan to take Tasmania to the next level.
Today we have released the Quarter Two update on our Building Your Future – First Year Agenda which outlines how we are delivering on our commitments.
We are focussed on what matters to Tasmanians – employing more frontline health staff and opening hospital beds, creating a stronger economy and more jobs, keeping Tasmanians safe, taking action on the cost of living, and building the infrastructure our growing state needs.
Keeping the budget on track is so important as it enables us to deliver our commitments and invest more into improving the lives of Tasmanians.
Our economy has grown and there are 15,200 more jobs than when we were elected.
This Second Quarter Update provides a progress report on 89 initiatives delivered in full or well underway, including –
- Legislating a reduction in payroll tax and exemption for businesses that move to Tasmania
- Released the $13.9 billion 10-year infrastructure pipeline
- Commencing recruitment of 250 new teachers
- Opened 22 new hospital beds at the Repatriation Hospital, allowing an estimated 1300 more acute patients per year to receive care at the RHH
- Delivering a multi-sector Trade and Investment Mission to Asia
- Calling for submissions on Tasmania’s next iconic walking experience
- Recruiting 15 new Parks Rangers and Field Officers
- Commenced recruitment for 30 additional graduate nurses
- Conducted consultation sessions on the $125 million Stage 2 of the Affordable Housing Action Plan
- Introduced legislation to toughen laws on family violence offenders, terrorism, organised crime gangs and unexplained wealth from criminal activities
That’s just a snapshot of what we’ve delivered this Quarter.
Over the coming months, we’ll deliver on many more actions, including launching the Tasmanian Trade Strategy, commencing recruitment of staff for new Hospital in the Home Services, and recruiting the first round of 42 additional regional paramedics.
The Quarter Two update is available at https://www.premier.tas.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0012/412050/2018_-_First_Year_Agenda_-_Second_Quarter_Report.pdf