On Friday 30 May 2020 the Royal Commission into National Natural Disaster Arrangements will commence its examination of the Australian government’s roles and responsibilities for continuity of and restoration of essential services and infrastructure. Essential services are a key priority after the preservation of life and ensuring adequate shelter for members of the community impacted by natural disasters.
The Commission will also commence its consideration of the Australian government’s role in co-ordinating support for disasters and emergencies, including during the 2019/2020 bushfire season.
The Commission expects to hear from:
- Robert Cameron OAM, Director General, Emergency Management Australia
- Samuel Grunhard, Acting First Assistant Secretary Department of Home Affairs (Critical Infrastructure Security Division)
- Nerida O’Loughlin PSM, Chair, Australian Communications and Media Authority
- Clare Savage, Chair, Australian Energy Regulator
- Audrey Zibelman, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, Australian Energy Market Operator
- John Pierce, Australian Energy Market Commission.