The NSW Government has announced the Service NSW Bush fire Customer Care service is now live.
This service is designed to help individuals and businesses affected by bush fire to navigate the support that is available to them across all levels of government.
Given the unprecedented nature of the fires and scale of destruction, there is a need to boost current arrangements.
This service will complement and not replace the excellent work that has been delivered by disaster recovery agencies, councils, NGOs and communities since the beginning of this bush fire season and which is ongoing.
Customers impacted by bush fires are encouraged to call Service NSW on 13 77 88, visit a Service NSW Centre, or go to www.service.nsw.gov.au for assistance.
Types of assistance Service NSW can help with include:
• Accommodation advice
• Relevant charitable services
• Mental health and wellbeing services
• Support for businesses
• Clean-up services
• Financial assistance
• Grants and rebates
• Insurance and legal support
• Replacing lost ID
• Volunteer RFS and SES payments.
Affected residents and business operators are asked to:
• Contact Service NSW online, in person or over the phone.
• Answer some questions on how they have been affected by the fires and what help they need.
• If they have a one-off request or need, Service NSW will help navigate the application process or put the resident/business operator in contact with the most appropriate agency.
• Residents/business operators will also be offered ongoing support to navigate the recovery process by a Service NSW Customer Care specialist and/or a Business Concierge specifically designed to help small business operators.
The Disaster Welfare Assistance Line’s number 1800 018 444 is now redirecting to the Service NSW number 13 77 88.