Campaspe Shire Council has partnered with the Victorian Small Business Commission (VSBC) to provide more support to local businesses to do business.
The new partnership is through the Small Business Friendly Council initiative, which the VSBC is aiming to roll out to all 79 local government areas in Victoria.
The council – currently one of 61 to have made the pledge – will work with the VSBC on important measures including:
- helping small businesses to keep trading while infrastructure works are underway – including consulting with business owners during the planning phase
- paying small business suppliers within 14 days
- helping new local business networks to get up and running and existing ones to thrive
- working to streamline approval processes for people wanting to start a business locally
- working with the VSBC on solutions to local small business issues.
The Shire supports more than 16,070 jobs, many of which are in on-farm food production, food processing, manufacturing, construction and tourism – industries that are key drivers of the Shire’s economy.
Campaspe Shire Council now joins surrounding Moira Shire Council, Greater Shepparton City Council, City of Greater Bendigo, Gannawarra Shire Council and Loddon Shire Council in having said ‘yes!’ to supporting their local small businesses.
/Public Release. This material comes from the originating organization and may be of a point-in-time nature, edited for clarity, style and length.