CCTV vision released as investigations continue into Inner West armed robberies

Detectives have released CCTV vision as part of an ongoing investigation into three armed robberies across Sydney’s inner west earlier this year.

About 11.30pm on Wednesday 15 January 2020, police were called to Parramatta Road, Annandale, following reports a man had been injured during an armed robbery.

Police were told two men – one armed with a large knife and the other with a baseball bat – entered the business, assaulted a 31-year-old man, and took cash and the keys to a white Toyota Rav4 before fleeing.

The injured man was taken to Royal Prince Alfred Hospital for treatment to non-life-threatening injuries and has since been released.

While the man was receiving treatment, the Toyota Rav4 was stolen.

In a second incident, officers were called to a business on East Street, Five Dock, about 3.30pm on Friday 17 January 2020, following reports of an armed robbery.

Two men allegedly entered the business and threatened three staff members with a machete and an axe, before stealing cash and leaving the area.

No one was physically injured during the incident.

In a third incident, officers were called to a fast-food restaurant on Parramatta Road at Croydon, about 2am on Tuesday 21 January 2020, following reports two men armed with knives, entered the store and threatened six employees.

The men stole cash before leaving the scene in a white Toyota Rav4.

No one was physically injured during the incident.

Initial inquiries were conducted by local police before detectives from the State Crime Command’s Robbery and Serious Crime Squad took carriage of the investigations under Strike Force Murnin.

On Wednesday 5 February 2020, strike force investigators charged a 26-year-old man over his alleged role in the incidents.

A 24-year-old man was also charged after stolen car keys were allegedly found in his possession.

Both men remain before the courts.

As investigations continue, detectives have released CCTV footage of a man who may be able to assist with their inquiries.

The man has been described as wearing a light-coloured jumper, jeans and running shoes.

Robbery and Serious Crime Squad Commander, Detective Acting Superintendent Grant Taylor, urged the community to look closely at the vision.

“We are calling on the public for assistance to locate this man, who may prove very beneficial to the investigation,” Det A/Supt Taylor said.

“These robberies were brazen, violent and dangerous – and we want the community to know they will not be tolerated by police.

“Any information from people in the community that may have information about these incidents will help take those responsible off our streets before they cause further harm,” Det A/Supt Taylor said.

Investigations under Strike Force Murnin are continuing.

/Public Release. The material in this public release comes from the originating organization and may be of a point-in-time nature, edited for clarity, style and length. View in full here.