As the COVID-19 situation continues to develop, the ATO understands that the tax profession is facing a unique and ongoing set of challenges. Following the latest restrictions imposed in Victoria, I want to take the time to reassure you that supporting you and your clients remains a top priority for the ATO.
We are committed to providing you with the help you need through this difficult period and have a range of practical support options available. These include:
- providing lodgment deferrals for upcoming lodgment dates
- offering payment only deferrals for amounts that may be due
- allowing for flexible payment plans
- changing your clients’ GST reporting cycle or varying PAYG instalment amounts
- remissions to the general interest charge
- payment arrangements for the superannuation guarantee amnesty.
You can access many of these measures, including lodgment and payment deferrals, through Online services for agents. Our approach is tailored and empathetic, and we will work with you to ensure you get the support you need.
It is still important that you and your clients continue to lodge activity statements and tax returns where possible and meet as many of the upcoming obligations as you can. You can rest assured that we will not apply penalties for late lodgment of Business Activity Statements that fall due during August and September. This measure will be in place until the end of September, when we will review and extend it if necessary. This is in addition to our concessional approach to significant global entity penalties announced last month.