CURRENT FIRE SITUATION
For current information and advice regarding the multiple bushfires burning across Wellington Shire, please visit www.emergency.vic.gov.au or use the VicEmergency App.
Relief and Recovery
Our Relief and Recovery web page contains important information for those impacted by the recent Drought or Bushfire situations.
There is no doubt that the bushfires and drought conditions have caused a great amount of stress in our communities. In response to this, Wellington Shire Council is operating pop-up Recovery Centres for people to drop in, have a chat and a cuppa and if required, and receive some advice about how to get through this difficult time.
The Pop-Up Recovery Centres will be in the following locations:
- BRIAGOLONG: Briagolong Community House, Wednesday, 20 March, 27 March and 3 April, 5-7pm (Tea/Coffee/Nibbles provided)
- HEYFIELD: Heyfield Community Resource Centre, Tuesday 26 March and 2 April, 11am-2pm (Tea/Coffee/Nibbles provided)
- ROSEDALE: Rosedale Neighbourhood House, Thursday 4 April, 6-8pm (Tea/Coffee/Nibbles provided)
- LOCH SPORT: Loch Sport Public Hall, Friday 5 April, 10.30am-1pm (Tea/Coffee/Nibbles provided)
DARGO: Dargo Neighbourhood House, Wednesday 10 April, 1-3pm (Tea/Coffee/Nibbles provided)
What will be on offer:
- Information on all the support services currently available for people who have been stressed by bushfire and/or drought.
- A chance for people to provide any creative ideas for events or activities on how to help the broader community get through these challenging times.
- An opportunity for one-to-one conversations with various professionals experienced in insurance, counselling, creative recovery and keeping safe and healthy while bushfires and drought are active in our region.