Council considered the applications to the Community Sustainability Grants Round Two at the April Ordinary Council Meeting on Tuesday night.
The Sustainability Grants are designed to support the development and implementation of sustainable projects and events in line with the Environmental Sustainability Strategy.
Grants were available for up to $2,000 per application.
The intention of the funding is to facilitate projects which achieve some or all of the following objectives:
- Encourage and support businesses, industry and the general community to reduce energy costs and greenhouse gas emissions
- Increase the energy efficiency of existing and new residential and commercial buildings across the municipality
- Raise community awareness of the relevance of climate change, the impacts it will have on our environment and way of life, and the opportunities it will present
- Encourage participation in sustainability activities and events
- Enable community members to acquire or develop new skills in relation to Sustainability
- Increase recycling at public events or community spaces
- Divert waste from landfill
- Increase community awareness on waste minimisation and correct waste disposal
- Enable community members to acquire or develop new skills in relation to sustainability.
Greater Shepparton City Council Mayor, Cr Kim O’Keeffe, was pleased to offer these funding opportunities.
“These projects will be a worthy investment into the community and assist in raising awareness about sustainability and climate change,” she said.
“Council thanks the organisations who applied for funding and congratulates the worthy recipients.”
|Organisation||Event/Project||Allocation (Including GST)|
|South Shepparton Community Centre|
|Filipino-Australian Friends Association|
|Kiwanis Club of Shepparton Sunrisers|
Kiwanis Club of Shepparton Sunrisers will transform a community garden KidsTown into a sustainable and interactive ‘Healthy Lifestyle Garden’. They aim to promote environmental awareness, physical activity, plant propagation and the benefits of a healthy diet.