If you’d like to have your say on Bayside’s proposed new Local Law, your feedback must be submitted in writing by 5pm, 5 March 2021.
The proposed Local Law, which has been drafted in response to community feedback and legal advice, covers a wide range of topics so Council can respond to local issues and protect everyone’s enjoyment of public spaces, and health and safety.
Major changes in the proposed Local Law include:
- A smoke-free foreshore and alcohol-free zone at Red Bluff Cliffs
- Preventing long-term parking of boats, trailers and caravans on Council roads
- Stronger environmental and amenity protection requirements for building sites
- Permits to fly drones over Council land
- Preventing abandoned shopping trolleys
- Permits for share bike and/or e-scooter schemes
- Permits for advertising signs and mobile billboards
- Guidelines for planting on nature strips