Greater Shepparton City Council will waive certain fees for residential waste at the Shepparton, Ardmona and Murchison Resource Recovery Centres for two days in January 2020.
The applicable fees will be waived during the following days and times:
Shepparton and Ardmona Resource Recovery Centres:
- Saturday 11 January 2020 – (8:00am – 4:15pm)
- Saturday 25 January 2020 – (8:00am – 4:15pm)
Murchison Resource Recovery Centre:
- Sunday 12 January 2020 – (1:00pm – 3:45pm)
- Sunday 26 January 2020 – (1:00pm – 3:45pm)
Information and statistics including uptake of the service, reduction in dumping of waste and customer satisfaction will be obtained during this trial period and will help inform future assessment and outcomes.
Mayor Cr Seema Abdullah said Council is looking forward to seeing the information collected from the trial.
“The results of this trial will help inform future strategies and decision we make regarding waste management,” she said.
“We encourage members of our municipality to make the most of this opportunity, however, please be aware that to be eligible there are criteria that must be met including proof you are a resident of our municipality. We encourage locals head to Council’s website before taking their waste to the centre to ensure you are aware of the full list.”
Criteria for waived fees will include:
- Normal restriction to material types
- Available only to residents of Greater Shepparton (current drivers licence required)
- Not applicable to commercial waste
- Maximum limit of 3m3 per load
- Loads must be sorted prior to entering the facility
- All other current conditions of entry at the Resource Recovery Centres