From: Canada Revenue Agency
- The due date for income tax and benefit returns for most Canadians is April 30, 2020.
- Self-employed individuals have until June 15, 2020, to file their return. However, any balance owing is due April 30, 2020.
- From now until April 30, 2020, the CRA will offer extended evening and weekend hours for individual tax enquiries. Telephone agents will be available Monday to Friday (except holidays) from 9 am to 9 pm (local time), and from 9 am to 5 pm (local time) on Saturdays (except Easter weekend) to serve as many people as possible. The CRA’s automated service will be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- On December 19, 2019, the CRA released its Serving Canadians Better consultation report. To address Canadians’ needs as identified in the report, the CRA has committed to make information more helpful and easier to understand, provide more convenient access to services and support, and make sure Canadians feel understood, respected and valued.
- Canadians should have most of the tax slips, such as T4s, and receipts needed to file a tax return, by the end of February.
- Taxpayers should file an income tax and benefit return, even if their income is tax exempt or they have no income in 2019, because it is the only way to receive benefits and credits to which they may be entitled.
/Public Release. View in full here