A disqualified driver will appear in court today charged following a fatal two-vehicle crash on the Central Coast.
Just before 3pm yesterday (Saturday 25 January 2020), emergency services were called to the Central Coast Highway, near Bakali Street, at Forresters Beach, following reports a Mitsubishi Outlander and a Toyota Hilux utility had collided.
The driver of the Mitsubishi, a 37-year-old woman, was taken to Gosford Hospital in a stable condition.
The driver of the Toyota, a 65-year-old man, suffered spinal and chest injuries and was also taken to Gosford Hospital in a stable condition.
His passenger, a 67-year-old woman, was taken to John Hunter Hospital, where she later died.
Officers from the Crash Investigation Unit commenced into the circumstances surrounding the incident.
Following inquiries, a 37-year-old woman was arrested and taken to Gosford Police Station about 9pm yesterday.
She was charged with six offences, including:
- dangerous driving occasioning death – drive manner dangerous,
- dangerous driving occasioning grievous bodily harm – drive manner dangerous,
- negligent driving occasioning death,
- negligent driving occasioning grievous bodily harm,
- drive motor vehicle during disqualification period, and
- not keep left of dividing line.
The woman was refused bail to appear at Wyong Local Court today (Sunday 26 January 2020).
Investigations are continuing.