The latest advice was issued at 4:25 pm EST on Thursday 8 March 2018 Flood Warning Number: , Queensland Police say8
– A Major Flood Warning has been issued for the Herbert River, you now need to be prepared for flooding.
– A Major Flood Peak similar to February 2009 flood levels is expected at Ingham early Friday morning.
– River levels are expected to reach the major flood level at Ingham Pump Station (14.75 m) early Friday morning.
– The Herbert River at Gairloch is expected to peak around 12.50 metres early Friday morning.
– Sand and sandbags are available for collection at BP Halifax, Carrs Farm at Cordelia and
Shire Hall car park Ingham.
– Roads closed in the district include Hawkins Creek at Dalrymple and Bridge and Bosworths Crossing.
– Water over road at Halifax / Gairloch Washaway and the Blue Butterfly Road intersection.
– Residents need to take immediate action to prepare for a major flood event.
– Residents in low lying flood prone areas should be enacting their household emergency plan
You now need to be ready for flooding.
Remember: During or after a disaster or emergency event the Disaster Dashboard is the place for to go for all
disaster-related updates disaster.hinchinbrook.qld.gov.au