Are you part of a sports club with a big idea of how to encourage more women and girls to play sport or get involved in sports leadership? The City of Whittlesea wants to support you with a financial grant.
Our Female Inclusion in Sport Grants are now open with grants of up to $3000 now available to help clubs develop projects that promote and encourage equal participation of women and girls in sport, including as players, coaches, umpires and on committees.
Ideas that will be considered could include:
- Free skills program for women and/or girls
- Female coaching development
- Establishing women’s and girls programs
- Establishment of social sports programs for women (SoccerMums, Rock up Netball, Social Sixes)
- Club based Gender Equity Workshops
- Come and try days
- Teen girl specific programs (high rates of drop out so could also focus on retention)
- Player development
- Capacity building for Female Committee Members (current or potential)
- Development of skills for women and girls in the areas of officiating, coaching, sport leadership.
- Any programs that lead to increased participation in sport on and off the field by women and girls
The grant program is now open until 8pm on Friday 13 November 2020.