The Lismore City Council, NSW Rural Fire Service and the Northern Rivers
Emergency Operations Centre are working to assist residents affected by the Mt
Nardi fire to return home.
Lismore City Council today conducted impact assessments of certain roads of the
Tuntable area. After consultation with the RFS and Emergency Operations Centre it
is agreed that residents in nominated roads can return home.
The RFS asks residents to be mindful that the Mount Nardi fire remains uncontained
and may flare up again over coming days and weeks. Firefighters will continue to
work establishing and consolidating containment lines, however significant rain will
be required before this fire will be put out.
Please exercise caution in and around the fire affected areas as trees and rocks may
fall without notice. Monitor conditions and know what you will do if the situation
changes and the fire threatens you and your property again.
If your life or property is in danger please call 000.
Lismore City Council has opened the following nominated roads for local resident
- Upper Tuntable Falls Rd and Newton Drive at the intersection of Tuntable Falls Rd – full length
- Tuntable Creek Rd – from the intersection of Tuntable Falls Rd to the
- Channon Rd – full length
- Wallace Rd – from the intersection with Tuntable Creek Rd to 708 Wallace Rd
- Standing St – from the intersection with Mill St – full length
- Mill St – from Intersection with the Channon Rd – full length
- Nightcap Range Rd – from the intersection with Dunoon Rd to the National Park
- Minyon Falls Rd – from the intersection of Coopers creek Rd to the National Park
Terania Creek Road remains CLOSED. Access to Nightcap National Park and
Minyon Falls also remains CLOSED.
The Evacuation Centre at Nimbin Showgrounds and the Disaster Welfare Assistance
Point at Lismore Showground will remain open until 8pm tonight 18/11/2019 and
again open at 8am on Tuesday 19/11/19. The need for these centres to remain open
will be assessed on a daily basis.
People who are returning home are urged to contact the NSW Mental Health
Line 1800 011 511 or Beyond Blue on 1300 22 4636 should they need support.