Council has adopted a CEO Employment and Remuneration Committee comprised of four Councillors, including the Mayor and an Independent Member. The Committee has been established to oversee the implementation of the CEO Employment and Remuneration Policy.
Expressions of interest are sought from suitably experienced and qualified individuals to be the Independent Member of the Committee.
The Independent Member is a non-voting member who will provide the Committee with expert assistance and advice to enable it to implement its responsibilities in this Policy.
The Policy specifies that the Independent Member must be suitably qualified and possess and demonstrate the following key competencies:
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Skills, expertise and experience in one or more of the following:
- senior local government experience (preferred)
- senior business or government experience
- human resources management (including executive recruitment, remuneration and talent management)
- experience with and understanding of employment law
- demonstrated ability in performance management and development of executive level staff
- Understanding of good governance and previous experience working with governance bodies or boards
- Ability to work effectively with Councillors and the CEO
- Knowledge and understanding of the issues affecting the Hume City Council.
The Independent Member may be initially appointed for a two year term, with extension options of up to a maximum of two further years at the discretion of Council. The Independent Members’ term cannot exceed four years in total. The Independent Member will be remunerated at a rate to be determined by Council.
Please see the CEO Employment and Remuneration Policy