There is a vacancy for the position of Chair Road Trauma Advisory (RTA) Subcommittee from May 2021. Expressions of interest are being sought from Fellows with a strong interest in trauma and a passion for making a difference in the road trauma prevention field. RTA is a subcommittee of the RACS bi-national Trauma Committee. View the Terms of Reference (PDF 141.27KB).
The RTA objectives are:
- To eliminate death and injury on our roads
- To advocate for zero road deaths and serious injuries in Australia and New Zealand.
- To identify and support initiatives to eliminate road trauma
- To focus available RACS resources in the best interests of maintaining road safety for all road users
- To support, facilitate and encourage all aspects of training and education, including the public, in regard to road trauma
- To develop links with select groups that have an interest in road trauma
- To develop and support a trauma system specifically in regard to road trauma
- To progress, to the highest standard, provision of rehabilitation following road trauma
- To advocate for the collection of road trauma statistics is maintained on a national basis