Bega Valley Shire Council is seeking expressions of interest for a representative from the local industry to join the Bega Saleyard Stakeholder Advisory Group.
Council’s Property Services Manager, Rickee Marshall said the stakeholder advisory group will provide guidance and expertise to support the improvement and future growth of the saleyards.
“The Bega Saleyards are a vital part of the successful agribusiness industry both here in the shire and along the south east region of New South Wales,” Ms Marshall said.
“We’re looking for someone who has experience in the local industry to join the stakeholder advisory group and provide grass roots knowledge and expertise to continue to improve and grow the saleyards into the future.”
The stakeholder advisory group will comprise the saleyards lessee, stock agents selling at the yards, a senior Council staff member, a Councillor and a local industry representative utilising the saleyard facility.
Members of the group may do one or more of the following:
- provide advice or comment about specific project issues which may include key objectives, funding sources, sustainability, design options, community outcomes or similar relating to the several challenges the industry is facing
- provide advice or comment to improve viability and address animal welfare concerns
- provide advice or comment to develop and implement strategies to grow the usage of the Bega Saleyards to better generate economic activity in the shire
- assist to explore growth options such as online stock selling and specific marketing strategies for the saleyards
- assist with advocacy to other levels of government around potential funding sources and policy changes to achieve the best outcome for the community
The Acting Chief Executive Officer, Anthony McMahon and an elected Councillor will determine the local industry representative following the EOI process.
To find out more and register your interest in becoming a member of the Bega Saleyards Stakeholder Advisory Group, go to https://begavalley.nsw.gov.au/cp_themes/default/page.asp?p=DOC-AJO-18-82-64 and submit an application by 28 November.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome from 10 December.