Close to 7,000 people have taken part in First 5 Forever (F5F) activities during the first half of the year.
A total of 226 events, with 6,805 participants, were held as part of the program, which aims to support language and literacy development for children aged 5 and under.
Among the events were:
- Pop-up-libraries at family friendly events including Cairns Festival
- Story Time and Baby Rhyme Time at Cairns Libraries
- The popular Splash and Sing sessions at Tobruk Memorial Pool
- Book readings with Cairns Taipans players
- Community outreach programs in collaboration with Queensland Health, Hambledon House, and Cairns Community Health.
F5F is an initiative of the Queensland Government coordinated by the State Library of Queensland.