A Natural Disaster Declaration has now been made for 38 Local Government Areas (LGAs) across NSW, including Gunnedah LGA, with extensions to include further LGAs expected later this week.
Assistance activated by the Natural Disaster Declaration includes:
- Help for eligible people whose homes or belongings have been damaged;
- Support for affected local councils to help with the cost of cleaning up and restoring damaged essential public assets;
- Concessional interest rate loans for small businesses, primary producers and non-profit organisations;
- Freight subsidies for primary producers; and
- Grants to non-profit organisations.
Anyone still requiring immediate assistance should contact the SES on 132 500. This includes any member of community who was unable to attend the Evacuation Centre and still needs to be referred to Department of Communities Justice for emergency accommodation.
A significant amount of work is continuing to undertake impact assessments, including impacts on infrastructure and community assets, waste and environmental impact, agricultural and animal impacts, and impacts to households and community wellbeing.
Please take care if attempting to clean up prior to a structural (engineering and electrical) assessment being completed, and remember to photograph as much as possible to assist with potential insurance claims or grant applications.