We have been advised by Victoria Police that there is a hazardous gas leak in Abbott Street, Sandringham.
Stay informed with the Vic Emergency App. or website
We are setting up a relief centre at Peterson Reserve (Highett Road), Highett for members of the community who may need to be evacuated.
Current Advice from Vic Emergency website shared below.
Issued Today at 11:05 AM.
This Advice message is being issued for Sandringham, Hampton.
- There is a hazardous gas leak in Abbott St, Sandringham.
There is currently no threat to the community, but you should continue to stay informed and monitor conditions.
What you should do:
- Avoid the area as emergency services are investigating and dispersing the source of the hazard.
Impacts in your area:
The following roads are closed:Abbott St between Nelson St and Victory St in Sandringham.
FRV are working with the Gas company to isolate and disperse the gas leak
This message was issued by Fire Rescue Victoria.
The next update is expected by 14/05/2021 03:10 pm or as the situation changes.
- If you are experiencing any symptoms that may be due to exposure, seek medical advice or call Nurse on Call on 1300 606 024.
- Anyone experiencing wheezing, chest tightness and difficulty breathing should call Triple Zero (000).
Use multiple sources to stay informed:
- VicEmergency Hotline – freecall 1800 226 226.
- VicEmergency app.
- Facebook or Twitter (#vichazmat).
- Tune in to ABC Local Radio, commercial and designated community radio stations, or Sky News TV.
The following services can help you, or someone you know, access information during an emergency.
- To access this information in other languages call the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450 (freecall) and ask them to call VicEmergency Hotline.
- If you are deaf, hard of hearing, or have a speech/communication impairment contact National Relay Service on 1800 555 677 and ask them to call the VicEmergency Hotline.