Northern Territory Police have arrested two males, aged 19 and 37, in relation to a hit and run which occurred at Darwin River on 31 January.
Crime Division Detectives were at a property around 3:00pm yesterday investigating the matter, when they observed a vehicle drive away at speed, Northern Territory Police say.
Police then commenced a pursuit.
Officers arrested the two males a short time later.
The males have been charged with:
- recklessly endangering life – aggravated
- damage to property
- driver vehicle with the wrong number plate
- make a threat to kill a person
- not stop after crash
- disorderly behaviour in police station
- driver drive under influence of alcohol
- fail to provide breath for analysis
- breach of bail
- drive without due care
They will appear in the Darwin Local Court later today.
A 27-year-old female involved in the pursuit has been issued with a notice to appear for traffic offences at a later date.