Council will hold two events later this month to help local groups, individuals or organisations planning to apply for funding under the next round of our grants program.
Grants of up to $50,000 will be available through the next round, which opens in February in the following categories:
- Arts Development (up to $2000)
- Events Funding and Support (up to $50,000)
- Recreation Development (up to $3000)
- Recreation Facilities Upgrade (up to $15,000)
- Community Partnerships (up to $10,000 per year over three years).
An information night will be held on Wednesday 29 January at Council’s Deakin Avenue Committee Room to provide more detail about the grant application process.
Mildura Mayor Simon Clemence said the night would be a chance to talk directly to the Council staff who manage each grant category.
“Whether it’s a query about the application process, the suitability of a specific project, or just a chat about what could be possible through our grants program, this is a golden opportunity to find out everything you need to know,” Cr Clemence said.
A second event will be held the following night, Thursday 30 January, providing more in depth information on Events Funding and Support Grants.
Topics will include:
- official launch of the grant round
- launch of the Events Toolkit
- tourism, marketing and events promotion update from Mildura Regional Development
- application-writing tips
- one-stop-shop concierge approach for events