Each year Council dedicates funds to provide Financial and In-Kind Assistance to community groups, organisations and individuals. Council invites community members and groups to make application for funding or for In-Kind assistance.
Council has redesigned the grant application forms in response to community feedback, with an renewed format to streamline the application process.
There are six (6) different programs that provide community groups, organisations and individuals with assistance from West Coast Council.
These include four (4) Funding Programs and two (2) In-Kind Assistance programs.
- Small Grants- up to $250 cash- open any time, however applications must allow for time for application to be presented to Council for consideration. Applications must be submitted no later than the last day of the month.
- Event Sponsorship- up to $2,000 cash applications now open and must be submitted to Council two months prior to your proposed event.
- Innovation Fund – up to $2,000 cash. If you have a good idea which would benefit the West Coast Community, Council invites you to submit an application through the Innovation Fund. Applications now open and must be submitted to Council by 30 November 2021.
- Community Christmas Events Fund – up to $500 open to applications across every West Coast township. Each town (Queenstown, Rosebery, Strahan, Tullah and Zeehan) are allocated $500 to cover Christmas Events that are open to the public and include activities such as parades and family fun days. Only one application per Town within the West Coast will be approved. Groups are strongly encouraged to liaise with other groups to determine one Christmas Event for per town and community. Applications for community Christmas events funding must be received by 1st November in order to be processed and assessed in time for Christmas.
- Community Christmas Event Inkind Assistance (Non-Cash)- Maximum Amount Available for application $1,500. Applications must be made by the 30 November each year in order to be assessed in time for Christmas.
- In-Kind Assistance – General (Non-Cash) – This support can include the waiver of facility hire fees, equipment rental fees, traffic management fees, road closure advertising and any other fees and charges that Council may levy upon its services.