The latest data on the contribution of our National Cultural Institutions to Australians is now available.
This is the 7th year this data has been captured, building a comprehensive picture of trends in visits, audience reach and education over time.
The National Cultural Institutions Impact Report shows the important role of our national institutions including our museums and galleries in Australia’s cultural landscape.
Some key findings for 2018-19 include:
- there were more than 10.6 million visits to our national collecting institutions – an increase of almost 700,000 from the previous 12 months
- education visits to our national collecting institutions are increasing, with a record 6,549 schools participating in programs in 2018-19
- the number of objects in our national collections has reached 11.3 million
- more than 1.2 million objects have now been digitised
- Screen Australia productions and Australia Council activities reached more than 155 million people.