The Newell Highway has reopened between Parkes and Peak Hill after being closed due to flooding.
The Mid Western Highway has also reopened between Cowra and Lyndhurst.
In the state’s north west, Silver City Highway has reopened between Broken Hill and Packsaddle to 4WDs only.
Motorists who need to travel in flood-affected areas are advised to take extreme care, and are reminded never to drive through floodwaters.
Several roads remain closed in the state’s Central West and south, including:
- The Newell Highway is closed in both directions between Forbes and Parkes.
- The Newell Highway is also closed between Forbes and Wyalong, and between Jerilderie and Gillenbah.
- The Escort Way is closed between Forbes and Cudal.
- Henry Parkes Way is closed between Parkes and Manildra, and between Condobolin and Parkes.
- Lachlan Valley Way is closed in Forbes, as well as between Forbes and Jemalong, and between Gooloogong and Cowra.
- Lachlan Valley Way is also closed between Legh Street and Morongla Road at Cowra.
- Henry Lawson Way is closed between Forbes and Grenfell.
- Canowindra Road is closed at Canowindra.
- The Mid Western Highway is closed at Back Creek.
- The Mid Western Highway is also closed at Erigolia, east of Rankin Springs.
- Olympic Highway is closed between Wagga Wagga and Table Top.
- The Sturt Highway is closed between Collingullie and Darlington Point.
- The Sturt Highway is also closed near Gum Creek, west of Darlington Point.
- The Oxley Highway is closed in Warren.
- The Riverina Highway is also closed at Coreen, north of Corowa.
- The Riverina Highway and Federation Way are closed between Hopefield and Urana.
- Kidman Way is closed at Wallanthery.
In the state’s north and north west:
- The Kamilaroi Highway is also closed between Cryon and Walgett, and between Walgett, Brewarrina and Bourke.
- The Kamilaroi Highway is also closed at Brerwarrina near Goodooga Road.
- The Castlereagh Highway is closed between the Gwydir Highway and Montkeila Street in Walgett.
- The Castlereagh Highway is also closed between Nilma Road and Bate Street at Walgett.
- The Gwydir Highway is closed between Walgett and Collarenebri, as well as on the eastern side of Collarenebri.
- The Cobb Highway is closed between Wilcannia and Booligal.
- The Silver City Highway is closed between Broken Hill and Packsaddle.
In addition to state managed roads, some local roads managed by councils may also be affected.
For the latest traffic information, visit www.livetraffic.com or download the Live Traffic NSW app.
/Public Release. This material from the originating organization/author(s) might be of the point-in-time nature, and edited for clarity, style and length. Mirage.News does not take institutional positions or sides, and all views, positions, and conclusions expressed herein are solely those of the author(s).View in full here.