Castlereagh Highway has reopened between Capertee and Ben Bullen following a landslip near Pearsons Lookout.
Stop/slow traffic control is in place allowing motorists to pass the site one direction at a time.
Motorists should follow directions and allow extra travel time.
Other major road closures due to flooding include:
In the State’s Central West:
- The bridge over Macquarie River in Dubbo (Newell Highway) remains closed due to flooding.
- Oversize and overmass (OSOM) vehicles should avoid the area and use an alternative route.
- Lachlan Valley Way is closed between Cowra and Gooloogong
- Lachlan Valley Way is also closed between Legh Street and Morongla Road, south of Cowra
- Goolma Road is closed between Mitchell Highway at Wellington and Guntawang Road near Gulgong
- Saxa Road is closed between Mitchell Highway and Golden Highway
In the Illawarra:
- The Illawarra Highway (Terry Street) remains closed between the M1 Princes Motorway and Taylor Road at Albion Park.
In the state’s North West:
- The Kamilaroi Highway is closed between Bourke and Walgett.
- The Silver City Highway is closed between Tibooburra and the Queensland border.
In the state’s Far West:
- The Cobb Highway is closed between Wilcannia and Ivanhoe.
In addition to state managed roads, some local roads managed by councils may also be affected.
For the latest traffic information, visit www.livetraffic.com or download the Live Traffic NSW app.
/Public Release. This material from the originating organization/author(s) might be of the point-in-time nature, and edited for clarity, style and length. Mirage.News does not take institutional positions or sides, and all views, positions, and conclusions expressed herein are solely those of the author(s).View in full here.