The Oxley Highway is closed to light vehicles in both directions between Warren and Collie (west of Gilgandra) due to flooding.
- Motorists in light vehicles can travel via Dubbo and Nevertire instead, using the Newell Highway and Mitchell Highway.
As well, The Escort Way is closed in both directions between Forbes and just west of Eugowra.
- Motorists can divert via Parkes using the Newell Highway and Parkes-Eugowra Road.
Motorists who need to travel in flood-affected areas are advised to take extra care, and never drive through floodwaters.
Other major roads remain closed around the state due to flooding including:
In the State’s Central West:
- Lachlan Valley Way is also closed between Driftway Road and the Newell Highway, south of Forbes
- Lachlan Valley Way is closed between Cowra and Gooloogong
- Lachlan Valley Way is also closed between Legh Street and Morongla Road, south of Cowra
In the state’s North West:
- The Kamilaroi Highway is closed between Bourke and Walgett.
- The Silver City Highway is closed between Tibooburra and the Queensland border.
In the Illawarra:
- The Illawarra Highway (Terry Street) remains closed between the M1 Princes Motorway and Taylor Road at Albion Park.
- Yarramundi Bridge is closed.
- Windsor Road is closed between Macquarie Street and Pitt Town Road at McGraths Hill.
- Wisemans Ferry Road is closed between O’Briens Road and Halcrows Road at Cattai.
In addition to state managed roads, some local roads managed by councils may also be affected.
For the latest traffic information, visit www.livetraffic.com or download the Live Traffic NSW app.
/Public Release. This material from the originating organization/author(s) might be of the point-in-time nature, and edited for clarity, style and length. Mirage.News does not take institutional positions or sides, and all views, positions, and conclusions expressed herein are solely those of the author(s).View in full here.