The Liberal Government is urging up to 10,000 low or fixed income households who are missing out on a government annual Cost of Living Concession to take advantage of the offer which will see them pocket up to $210.70 towards bill relief and expenses.
Minister for Human Services Michelle Lensink said the concession will be a welcome payment paid directly into bank accounts for thousands of households.
“The Liberal Government knows that every little bit helps and that is why we are committed to easing the cost of living pressures for South Australians,” said Minister Lensink.
“This Cost of Living Concession will help thousands of South Australian households with their bills and expenses and will be particularly useful at this time of year as winter energy bills and council rates begin to roll in.”
Minister Lensink said it was not too late for eligible households to apply, with applications for the 2019-20 concession open until 31 October 2019.
“I’m thrilled that we already support so many South Australians, however there are still up to 10,000 households that may be eligible for this payment so I urge people to do their research because they could be missing out,” said Minister Lensink.
“Eligible households include those who hold a concession card such as a Gold Card or Low Income Health Care Card, receive an eligible Centrelink payment such as Newstart Allowance, or meet low income provisions.
“I urge homeowners who believe they may be eligible for the payment to visit sa.gov.au/concessions or call the ConcessionsSA Hotline between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday, on 1800 307 758.”
Applications can be lodged online and newly eligible applicants will receive their payment by the end of the year.
Homeowners who received the concession last year will automatically receive this year’s payment in August, if their circumstances remain unchanged. Cost of Living Concession payments for eligible tenants are made in February each year.