Liquor & Gaming NSW has released its latest gaming machine data reports as part of the NSW Government’s ongoing commitment to transparency on gambling activity across the state.
The data reports can be viewed on the Liquor & Gaming NSW website and include:
- Gaming machine numbers and net profit for each NSW local government area (LGA)
- Net profit rankings for all NSW venues with gaming machines.
The latest reports cover 1 June 2020 to 30 November 2020 for clubs, and 1 July 2020 to 31 December 2020 for hotels.
The previous six-month net profit figures were significantly impacted by restrictions placed on gaming venues due to the COVID-19 Public Health Orders including the closure of gaming venues for 10 weeks from Mar 23 to 31 May. This trend was reversed in the current reporting period.
Compared to the same six-month period in 2019:
- The total number of operating gaming machines fell by 2,374.
- Net profit increased by 10.93 per cent for hotels and 7.29 per cent for clubs.
- Total net profit increased by 8.79 per cent.