A visual engaging new tourism website underpinned by industry-leading features has been rolled out for the Macleay Valley Coast in time for summer.
Kempsey Shire Council’s Economic Development and Tourism department unveiled the new www.macleayvalleycoast.com.au site at an event at Crescent Head Holiday Park on Thursday.
The new Macleay Valley Coast tourism website has been developed over a number of months in consultation with key stakeholders and tapping into an extended industry knowledge base.
Council’s Tourism Development Officer, Alex Henley, said that the new site was a huge leap forward in both tourist appeal and industry support.
“The new Macleay Valley Coast site is easier to navigate, both inspirational & engaging for visitors and easier for tourism operators to update,” said Ms Henley.
“We face intense competition up and down the coast and 2020 has been an extremely tough year for our local tourism operators, however this site, along with our new marketing strategy and focused content production will allow us to promote who we are, where we are and why visitors should come to the region.”
In addition to its fresh new look the new site includes a variety of industry-leading features with a key focus on:
- Utilising beautiful imagery and footage to entice and engage visitors
- Extending the user journey through regional itineraries, articles and tourism listings so that visitors are aware of how much they can do in the region, enticing them to stay longer and spend more
- Use of highly targeted content to produce personalised marketing campaigns and keep the audience on site
- Continuously revising content across the whole site to ensure it is relevant and up to date
- Integrating the Australian Tourism Data Warehouse database in order to leverage a wider distribution platform
- An easy to navigate, mobile-responsive site with improved map functionality
- Incorporating analytics to monitor the user journey and to guide future content directions