In these strange times of self-isolation, you can enjoy books, audiobooks, movies and more through Wollongong City Libraries.
One of the easiest and cheapest ways to decide on what to read or view or listen to next is visit our website. Search the Library catalogue for ideas on what you would like to download and enjoy wherever you are.
“Our libraries offer more than a million items that you can access online and download so there’s plenty of opportunity to enjoy these while at home,” Wollongong City Lord Mayor Cr Gordon Bradbery AM said. “If you aren’t a library member, I suggest you visit our website and join the library now. You are missing out on a wonderful number of books, audiobooks, films and magazines. You can join online and best of all it’s free to join and free to download and borrow.”
Through the library website you can:
* Download and listen to audiobooks and eAudiobooks
* Stream award winning movies and documentaries with Kanopy, a free on-demand film screening service
* Read the latest eMagazines for free
* And if you are stuck for suggestions on what to read next, the Library website offers an easy way to find a good read. This page offers ideas for fiction and non-fiction as well as Magpies, a guide to children’s literature.
* You can also look at what the Library book clubs are reading
To join the library, visit the website, for an easy application using the button at the bottom of the page.