Police investigating more than $1.3 million in fraud offences have charged a man in Sydney’s south, NSW Police say.
Strike Force Yan was established by officers from Campbelltown Local Area Command in March 2017 to investigate fraud offences, including identity theft, in the Sydney area and interstate dating back to 2001.
Just before 10am yesterday (Thursday 9 November 2017), police attended a home in Ischia Street, Cronulla, and arrested a 64-year-old man.
He was taken to Miranda Police Station where he was charged with 35 offences, including:
- Make false statement to obtain money (x3)
- Knowingly deal with proceeds of crime intent to conceal (x10)
- Make false instrument with intent (x7)
- Use false instrument (x6)
- Dishonestly obtain property by deception (x2)
- Make false document to obtain financial advantage (x6)
- Possess prohibited drug
The man was refused bail and is due to appear at Sutherland Local Court today (Friday 10 November 2017).