More than $750,000 has been allocated in this round for projects set to tour from 1 July 2019, giving regional and remote audiences the chance to experience a range of high quality arts and cultural exhibitions.
Some of the successful projects in this round include:
- $69,000 for Experimenta Media Arts Inc to develop Experimenta Life Forms
- $146,869 for the National Gallery of Australia to tour virtual reality exhibition Terminus: Jess Johnson and Simon Ward
- $35,685 for The Cad Factory to develop its exhibition Haunting
- $131,394 for the Jewellers and Metalsmiths Group of Australia, Queensland Chapter, to tour contemporary jewellery exhibition Use
- $67,053 for Museum and Galleries of NSW to tour Eugenia Lim: The Ambassador
The Visions of Australia program gives regional Australians the chance to experience a diverse range of art and cultural works and helps Australian artists to reach new audiences.
The program provides around $2.4 million through two funding rounds each year. Eligible exhibitions must include at least three venues outside the organisation’s home state or territory in their tour programs.
The Government also provides support for regional arts through the Festivals Australia Program and the Regional Arts Fund.