Do you want to contribute to an authority which is ensuring that private security operatives are properly trained and qualified to perform their essential duties?
If so, you can do this by becoming a Non-Executive Director of the Security Industry Authority (SIA), the regulator of the UK’s private security industry.
As a member of the authority you will:
- work with the Chair and other authority members in setting the SIA’s strategic direction
- chair and participate in authority sub-committees
- oversee the work of the SIA’s Chief Executive in managing the authority and its delivery programme
- represent the SIA in communications with key stakeholders
Details of the appointment are:
- 3 year appointment with the possibility of re-appointment
- £9,160 per annum, based on an expected time commitment of 32 days attendance
- working remotely during the Covid pandemic, but in more normal times authority members are required to attend meetings in London and other parts of the UK
- successful candidates will be required to have, or be willing to obtain, security clearance to Security Clearance (SC) level
You must have:
- a successful track record of achievement at Board level or equivalent
- a thorough understanding of issues arising from delivering services and business improvements within a high profile and sensitive environment
- a good understanding of the wider issues relating to the regulation of the private security industry or a sector with similar characteristics to the private security industry
The closing date for applications is 11pm on Monday 12 July 2021.