The new year is a great time for a quick safety check of your business before things get busy.
- Review your safe work procedures for electrical work, particularly for working live or working near live parts.
- Review your testing procedures.
- Ensure workers are aware of safe work and testing procedures, particularly if you’ve made changes.
- Ensure new workers are competent to perform the work carried out by your business and they are aware of your procedures.
- Check your test instruments, tools and personal protective equipment to ensure they are working and in good condition.
A bit of time spent checking the basics now can help set you up for a safe year of work.
If you’ve started an apprentice in 2020, take the time to read the apprentice supervision guide (PDF, 272.24 KB).