There have been no disruptions to household waste and recycling kerbside collections this week and the collection contractor Suez has been notified that there is not expected to be any protected industrial action for the remainder of the week by drivers.
Household waste and recycling collections are underway in suburbs that were missed last Wednesday and Thursday. Residents’ bins are expected to weigh more due to the missed collections last week which could lead to some bins not being collected on time for the remainder of the week. Please leave your bin on the kerb until collected.
We would like to thank the community for their patience following the impacts to household bin collections in recent weeks due to the protected industrial action. Many Canberrans made use of the temporary drop off sites available for household waste to be taken, and some of these sites remain open this week.
Households impacted by disruptions to collections last week can take up to three large bags of household waste (from the general rubbish bin) to the temporary rubbish only drop-off sites listed below for free.
Open until Sunday 29 November 2020
- Flynn – George Simpson Park, off Sanderson Close (9 am to 6 pm)
- McKellar – McKellar Oval, off Bennetts Close (9 am to 6 pm)
- Giralang – Giralang AFL Oval, off Tucana Street (9am to 6pm)
- West Belconnen – West Belconnen Resource Management Centre, off Parkwood Road (9 am to 6 pm)
- Nicholls – next to Hu Guo Bao En Temple, near the intersection of Kelleway Avenue and Anne Clark Avenue (9 am to 6 pm)
- Mitchell – Mitchell Resource Management Centre, Flemington Road (7.30 am to 5 pm)
- Symonston – Mugga Lane Resource Management Centre, Mugga Lane (7.30 am to 5 pm).
Open until Thursday 26 November 2020
- Ainslie – Phillip Avenue, at the start of the nature reserve, near the old Ainslie Transfer Station (9 am to 6 pm).
The ACT Government acknowledges the impact of industrial action on the community and urges both parties to reach agreement as quickly as possible.
The ACT Government will keep residents updated of any future disruptions to household waste and recycling collections.
For up-to-date information visit www.cityservices.act.gov.au