Kiama Council is encouraging nominations for the Local Government Regional NAIDOC Awards 2021.
Mayor Mark Honey said Council was a proud supporter of the Awards, which recognise the talents, excellence, and significant contributions of Aboriginal people and organisations.
“I’m proud of the role of Kiama Council in acknowledging, involving and celebrating our Aboriginal community,” Clr. Honey said.
“These awards are a chance to promote the achievements of our Aboriginal friends, family members and colleagues.”
There are six categories of awards:
- Aboriginal Elder of the Year (male and female)
- Aboriginal Worker of the Year
- Aboriginal Young Achiever of the Year (male and female)
- Aboriginal Community Volunteer of the Year
- Aboriginal Organisation or Project of the Year
- Outstanding Contribution to Reconciliation (Aboriginal or Non-Aboriginal)
The Awards this year being hosted by Shellharbour City Council and will be presented on Saturday 24 July, at the Local Government Regional NAIDOC Awards Dinner at the Shellharbour Civic Centre.
Printable and online nomination forms are available from the Shellharbour City Council website:
If you need help completing your nomination contact our Aboriginal Liaison Officer on (02) 4232 0444.
Delivered or mailed applications close Monday 21 July, with online applications closing Friday 25 June.