Would you like to become involved and make a meaningful contribution to your community?
Council is calling for nominations to join the following Committees:
Section 355 Committees
• Light Up Leeton Committee
• Murrami Community Hall Committee
• Sunrice Festival Committee
• Whitton Community Hall Committee
• Whitton Court House and Historical Museum Committee
• Yanco Community Hall Committee
Advisory Committees/Working Groups
• CBD Enhancement Advisory Committee
• Leeton Flood Plain Management Committee
• Leeton Shire Heritage Committee
• Leeton Tree Advisory Committee
• Leeton Weeds Committee
• Whitton Town Improvement Committee
Section 355 Committees exist to assist Council in the management of community facilities and to make recommendations regarding related events, projects or initiatives.
Becoming a member of a Council Committee is a great way for you to contribute to your local community.
Membership is open to any member of the public who wishes to join and contribute. A nomination form can be found at https://www.leeton.nsw.gov.au/f.ashx/FORM-Application-for-membership-355-committee.pdf or by contacting Council.
Nominations close on Monday 20 May 2022.
Councillor(s) and a staff liaison are appointed to each Committee.
Their attendance helps Council to gauge areas of concern within the community. They are also able to assist the committee with prioritising proposals for improvement, growth and development plans relevant to that Community Committee.