The 2021 Bayside Youth Awards are now open for nominations!
Young people aged 10-25 who live or have a link to Bayside, either through study, work, a community club or sport, can be nominated to recognise their positive contributions to our community.
Anyone can nominate a young person. In previous years, we have received nominations from teachers, parents, sports coaches, friends and family members to name a few.
Categories for the 2021 awards
- Community – dedicating time and energy to the Bayside community through volunteering.
- Creativity – demonstrating creative excellence through performing arts, music, drawing, painting, writing, scientific projects or entrepreneurship.
- Courage – demonstrating extraordinary resilience and bravery in overcoming a life challenge.
- Environment – initiating an activity or project that responds to an environmental concern in the community.
- Leadership – initiating activities or actions that demonstrate outstanding leadership skills, and/or an innovative response to Covid-19 or a community issue.
- Julian Gurrieri Memorial Award for Bayside Youth Participation – will be awarded to a young person for their contribution, leadership and commitment to at least one Bayside Youth Services committee.
Before nominating please make sure
- The nominee is aged between 10 and 25.
- You have a 100-word summary of why they should receive an award.
- They live, work, study or play in the Bayside area.
- Nominations close: 5pm on 26 March 2021.
- Winners announced: 28 April 2021.