The Hodgman Liberal Government is a strong supporter of multiculturalism and the vibrant communities it creates.
Applications are now open for two key programs to assist migrants to settle and feel welcome in Tasmania.
The Multicultural Grants Program will provide funding support for projects and activities that:
· build the capacity of ethnic communities to deliver positive outcomes for community members, including civic and community participation; and
· support for projects that foster cross-cultural understanding and engagement while assisting migrants to feel welcome and part of the community.
Applications are also now open for the Learning Grants Program, to provide additional learning support for refugee and migrant students.
This Program will help to:
· optimise students opportunities in Tasmania by supporting the learning and educational outcomes of students with refugee and migrant backgrounds;
· foster cross-cultural understanding by increasing the engagement of community members in the learning experiences of refugee students; and
· stimulate a range of sustainable programs to assist refugees and migrant students with learning.
To be eligible, applicants must be an incorporated not-for-profit association or a Local Government agency with experience in providing education support services to people from migrant and refugee backgrounds.
Guidelines and application forms for both programs are available on the Communities Tasmania website www.communities.tas.gov.au/csr.