Schedule of Events for Wellington’s COVIDSafe Parks Week 2021
Pedal to Parks – do it your own way
- Location – Heyfield Wetlands, Cowwarr, Toongabbie or Tinamba (complete in your own time)
- Date and time – anytime during Parks Week (Sunday 6 to Monday 15 March 2021)
Set your goals and jump on your bike to celebrate Parks Week by cycling along the Rail Trail or event the Heyfield Wetlands.
Do it in your own time, whether it be 5,10 or 50km and consider asking your friends and family to sponsor you to raise money for The Royal Children’s Hospital Good Friday Appeal. It’s a free event and there are prizes up for grabs!
Please register at the Heyfield Community Resource Centre or call _____.
The Friends of the Sale Botanic Gardens Guided Tour
- Location –
- Date and time – 10am – 11am
The Friends of the Sale Botanic Gardens are hosting a free guided tour of the gardens, including an overview of the gardens and its history, followed by a guided walk explaining the significant trees, planting, sculptures and other key features.
Everyone’s welcome and It’ll take about 45 minutes to complete. Please meet at the main entrance on Guthridge Parade in Sale at 10am.
Seed Playgroups – digging, pottering and planting!
- Location – Seed Lakeside Community Garden – Montgomery Street, Sale
- Date and time – Monday 8 March 2021 at 10am and 2pm or Thursday 11 March at 10am
Free events to engage with your child outdoors while connecting with nature and others. Seed Playgroups involve play based learning in a friendly and relaxed environment.
Baby’s Day Out
- Sale Botanic Gardens, Tuesday 9 March 10.30am – 1.30pm
- Maffra Macalister Park, Wednesday 10 March 11am – 2pm
- Yarram Memorial Park, Friday 12 March 11am – 2pm
A free family fun day for children aged 0-4 years and their parents and carers. Activities include a jumping castle, face painting, balloon twisting, bubble machine and petting zoo.
This year’s theme is Fairies and Elves, encouraging children to come dressed up!
A coffee van will be available for tea and coffee purchases along with Dypsy Jypsy ice cream for families.
Virtual Parks Week
Due to COVID-19 some Parks Week events couldn’t go ahead, so we’ve put together a series of Virtual Parks Week tours, available on Council’s Facebook page and YouTube channel between 6 – 15 March 2021.
Videos will showcase the Stratford Knob Reserve, Yarram Wetlands and Memorial Park, Sale Botanic Gardens and Heyfield Wetlands. Please keep an eye out for them and share with your friends and family.