Permits now needed before burning off at Mildura

The end of the Victorian Fire Danger Period last month means eligible land-owners now need to obtain a Permit to Burn from Mildura Rural City Council before burning off.

A Permit to Burn is required to burn off on properties within the irrigation area of the municipality. No burning off is permitted on residential or commercial properties.

Eligible land-owners can apply for a Permit to Burn by phoning Council’s Customer Service Centre on (03) 5018 8100. Due to the current social distancing measures associated with COVID-19, permits can only be obtained by phone.

Failure to apply for a permit, or breaching permit conditions may result in penalties for land-owners.

/Public Release. This material comes from the originating organization and may be of a point-in-time nature, edited for clarity, style and length. View in full here.